Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Summary 23 Things

Well here I am at the end of 23 Things. It has been interesting in some aspects, but what has struck me the most is the unbelievable amount of time that is used to get serious about any of the many and varied social networking types of sites. Where do people find this kind of time?? Of course, hanging out with young adults who still inhabit my house,these are the means by which social contact is maintained.

I do note that the teen-agers and young adults of the displaced family from New Orleans that live next door to Fallston live on MySpace as a way of staying reconnected with many, many friends and family members that ended up spread all over the United States. I am sure that contact made transition to life here somewhat easier.

I actually like the idea of Flikr and like spots as a way of picture sharing with my far-flung family. I think an internal SRP Wiki for those little much gnawed on details would be very useful.

The biggest improvement would be to never offer such a time intensive program in the summer. SRP is in itself such a huge time user, that it was impossible to even faintly keep up with the march of the weeks.

At least I am somewhat aware of what is happening out there in the world beyond walls in the land of Web 2.0. For once I knew something techie that my hubby has not experienced- but he has even less time than I. He however can learn from listening.

2 Comments:

At September 19, 2007 at 11:11 AM , Blogger IrmBrown said...

Congratulations! Your blog looks great and I'm glad you found some useful tools along the way. I know the timing was awful, but as we mentioned before, it was important to stay in step with the "state" in this program. As to the time issue... I'm with you. I don't know how people put out daily postings!

 
At April 8, 2008 at 1:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home